Well, this is my ultimate mash-up! I had the pleasure of collaborating with True Bias last fall on a project and I came up with a few ideas and ultimately went with making a hack of the Nikko Dress but this idea has been begging for me to make it ever since!! (**the drama of it all, no?) The bodice is bloused a bit, the neckline is complimentary, the straps are longer and tie in a flirtatious way, it’s a one piece with an attached skirt that fits then flares, and it’s a pretty length. It can be made casual with sandals or dressed up for a summer time date. ULTIMATE!
Deats are as follows:
Patterns :: True Bias Ogden Cami + True Bias Salida Skirt
Fabric :: Fashion Black Shirting Denim Non-Stretch Made in Japan from LA Finch (fabric sold out, SORRY)
List of Adjustments:
- Attached cami to skirt, gathered in extra width
- Shortened cami by 5.5 inches
- Removed fly and pockets from the skirt pattern
- Installed a side zip to dress
- Made the straps so that they could tie and made extra long
- Made a 2 piece waistband so that it could be lined by self on the inside to clean it up
- Trimmed the facing to match the angle of the neckline and topstitched as a style detail
Only Note to Self I would make would be to use a fabric with more of a drape. This denim shirting is BEAUTIFUL but true to most Japanese denims, it’s a bit stiffer. I’m curious if it will soften up with wear but it made for a challenge in making and turning the straps!! **crying face emoji** It doesn’t blouse as softly as I’d like either but, again, hoping for it to mellow out a bit. But I LOVE it!! It’s giving what it’s supposed to give! Structured and complimentary to the body but very feminine and soft and comfortable.