Any time I can reference The Wiz, I just know it’ll be a good day!!!
About a month ago, (actually, it’s a month now to the day!!!! Whoa!!) one of my favorite sewing bloggers, Tabitha Sewer, posted a gorgeous green sequins tiered skirt she’d just made.
GASP, I exclaimed!!! I’m going to make that! I got my sequins from JoAnn Fabrics (it’s no longer online but they’re carrying it in stores still) and Simplicity pattern 8388, and equipped with Tabitha’s tips and hints, I got to making!
- I cut size 12 and combined Views A & B to get the skirt yoke and both tiers.
- This was my first sequins project and it was SO EASY! The sequins are small and it reacted nearly exactly like regular fabric.
- I did use a dedicated pair of sequins scissors and a new needle when sewing.
- This sequins was a bit sheer so I lined it with a green satin material from JoAnn. I used the yoke and extended the length to make my lining.
- Installing the invisible zipper was not a problem at all!!
- And I LOVE IT!!!! 😍
Isn’t the lippie cute??!?! It’s Haute Mess from The Lip Bar.
The mules are Halston and I got them from Nodstrom Rack. They only have size 6 online but there should be a few in stores. Very Blanche Devereaux no?!?!